Saturday, March 20, 2010

Childbirth class!

Today Richard and I had our 8 hour childbirth class. I wasn't going to sign up for one but I decided it would be fun and signed up last minute. I knew lots of the information already but what helped me the most was learning that the hospital does everything that way I want things to go!!!
  • private rooms all facing the water! SCORE!
  • jacuzzi tubs to labor in! DOUBLE SCORE
  • lots of birth balls and tennis balls HAHA
  • 3 ppl in the room (i am only having Richard and hopefully Mom if she is here in time!)
  • they usually don't do episiotomies unless its REALLY necessary....other techniques are used
  • I get to walk around and do whatever i want to help labor
  • patio on the 4th floor
  • room in with baby....and holding baby skin to skin for awhile

Richard was super tired and practically fell asleep during one segment of the class....lol....but after lunch he woke up. We practiced slow dancing, massages, and breathing....it was very hilarious to watch Richards face react to all the videos of women in transition phase actually delivering the baby. My face was probably the same....YUCK! haha

Anyway, I'm 26 weeks 5 days now and I took a couple of new pictures tonight. My belly is HUGE! (and only getting bigger!)









No comments: