Friday, June 4, 2010

37 weeks

I had my 37 week appt. Richard finally came to the appt. for the first time since the gender u/s! We got subway to eat before the appt and then waited awhile to see the doctor. It was a little busy at the office yesterday. Anyway, the resident OB came into the room and checked his heartbeat...it was perfect and my belly was measuring right at 37 weeks. I told her that I had been doing the exercises and she started to feel my belly and couldn't tell if he was still transverse or not. We talked about possibly doing a external cephalic version which would have happened like right after the appt. but the doctor said that they would like to induce me right after so he doesn't flip back around.....or just have a c-section. She left the room to talk to her boss (the main ob at the office) and she came in with her to feel my belly and then all the sudden the baby was head down!!! She said its probably because he is very active and that around 39 weeks they might induce me if i want. I want to see him ASAP but I know it takes awhile for his lungs to mature fully....and want him to bake in there as long as possible.

External cephalic version, or version, is a procedure used to turn a fetus from a breech position or side-lying (transverse) position into a head-down (vertex) position before labor begins. When successful, version makes it possible for you to try a vaginal birth. -WEB MD


No comments: