Thursday, March 11, 2010

Uh oh!!!


Week 17...Disaster!!!
On Saturday night I started to feel sick and then I woke up Sunday morning and felt like my chest was caving in. I had never been in that much pain before. I was really worried so I paged labor and delivery but nobody called me back for over an hour!!! I decided to wake Richard up and make him drive me to the hospital. He was happy to drive me there but unfortunately he was going to have to miss a New England Patriots game on the television. Oh well! Anyway, he drives me up to the ER door because there was NO way I was making it from the parking garage to the ER. I walk in and tell them I can't breathe and my heart feels like it's pounding out of my chest. The people at the desk put the finger thing on my finger to calculate my heart rate and it was 145 beats per minute!!! Earlier that week, the baby had a heart rate of 135!!! They were really concerned and brought me a wheelchair. I went into the pediatric wing of the ER because I am under 21. Funny right? I'm pregnant and in the pediatric unit. HAH! Richard walked in as all the doctors were asking me questions....I was really scared because the ER doctor told me I would have to get a CAT scan to see whats going on. Pregnant women aren't supposed to have x-rays done. He was thinking I might have had a blood clot near my lungs. I get wheeled into the x-ray room and the two women put this blue dye into my IV and it makes me all warm down there like I had to pee! Something wasn't working with the x-ray so I had to wait a little bit....had to pee but I couldn't stand up so the women brought me a bed pan. Seriously?! No pressure or anything....try to pee laying down with two other people watching. I dont think so!!! Not gonna happen. Haha. After 20 minutes of them trying to get this damn machine to work they finally move me to another floor and get me on another x-ray machine. This time is actually works!!! I get wheeled down to be reunited with Ricardo....he isn't in the room....like usual he is roaming the hallways and finding snacks to eat. That man cannot sit still for 2 seconds! If I bring him to my doctors office he'll start playing with the OB/GYN equipment. It's totally embarrassing!

We hang out in the ER room for awhile and then I find out I have a pretty bad case of pneumonia. I started to get really hot and dizzy and the nurse checked me and I had a temperature. She gave me tylenol and my fever went down later on. The ER nurse said I would probably stay there for a little while and be given meds and then go home. OH MAN was she SO wrong! I got admitted to the hospital around 10 pm on January 10th 2009.....I got wheeled up in the bed to my room. Come to find out my nurse for the night was the same exact nurse I had when I was hospitalized in Dec 2008 for my complete molar pregnancy. She was a TOTAL you-know-what. I screamed at her a year before and she had no idea who I was. She was a lot nicer this time around though. Richard and I spend the night in this single room and then in the morning the doctors do rounds at like 6 in the morning!!! SERIOUSLY people.....patients like to sleep. After a few hours, the doctor comes in and says they want to move me to the cardiac unit because my heart rate was still really high. Richard had to leave for work and later on I got wheeled away once again to a different room. I was the youngest person on the cardiac floor by like 20-30 years. I got to my room and realized I had to share it with the oldest woman EVER. I was sooo upset I started crying.....not because she was like 100 but because I wanted to have my own room and have Richard sleepover. If you share a room with someone you can't have a guest spend the night. I don't think I want to spend the night with some old lady while I'm pregnant with his child! My goodness. I called Richard bawling while he was at work....he said he would come and visit at like 1 am after work just to see me again. That wasn't good enough for preggo! I made a big fuss (nicely) to the nurse and after awhile they moved me to a really nice huge room with the best view ever!!! It was AWESOME. The nurses felt bad for me because the old lady had the volume to the TV on the loudest you could ever imagine. I had such a bad headache and she was watching lame TV shows!!! Soooo....Richard came back to the hospital late that night after working and made his nice cozy bed on the couch next to my bed. I had the big heart moniter hooked up to my chest to make sure my heart rate didn't get any higher. It was still around 130 beats per minute at that time.....a normal heart rate is around 80 beats per minute i think.

After the second night in the hospital, I figured I would be able to leave the next day.....that didn't happen! I think I stayed in the cardiac unit for two nights and then was transferred to the OB high risk ward because everyone was scared to have a pregnant chick on their floor!!! The OB said the cardiac unit wasn't used to having pregnant women stayin on their floor.....only old people!! I get to the OB ward with Richard and the nurse comes in after awhile with her huge gown on and a face mask. Apparently everyone thought I might have MRSA or H1N1.....the nurse said I was in isolation until after my labs came back. She took swabs of my saliva and blood samples to test for everything. She taught me how to stop the IV machine from beating and everything because she wasn't going to come into the room again unless it was necessary!!! How scary!!!! My H1N1 test came back negative and at the end of the day the MRSA came back negative. Thank goodness! I was taken off of isolation and finally had more nurses and the techs come in and keep me company for a little while. I ended up staying there for another 4-5 days in the same room....the best room by far even though it didnt have a nice view like the 2nd room in the cardiac unit. It was cleaner and cozy for a hospital room! I got to know the nurses really well....Mom came into Tampa and Richard picked her up from the airport. She spent the night her first night here and let poor Richard have a nice night at home in our actual bed! I was going stir crazy in that room.....I didn't leave that room for like 4 days!!! AAAGHHH.

Anyway, after I left the hospital I had wonderful help from Richard and my Momma who stayed with us. I stayed home for awhile because I was still getting winded from walking a few feet across the apartment. Mom did everything around the house and Richard was working a lot. Ken came down a little later to meet Zoey (my beautiful niece who was born on Jan 4th) and then he left....Mom and I decided together that we didn't have enough time together because I was in the hospital the whole time.....so she stayed a whole extra week! We had a great time even though I was a total lazy bum and still sickly.

Oh P.S.
The whole time I was in the OB ward I kept asking to get a fetal anatomy scan because I wanted to see the sex of the baby but noooo they were too busy! I was so upset!!! It was a little early for the scan though....its normally done around 20 weeks.



No comments: